Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 21: The stay-at-home-mom mothership.

This past week has been quite busy so far.  So much so that I haven't been able to prepare my family an adequate meal much less blog about it.  :-/  I have noticed however... that my new found obsession with new recipes and cooking has been detrimental to my waist line.  Maybe it's just me... but those pants have been just a bit snugger these past few days.  Maybe I'm retaining water.. who knows?  But Jon and I have cut out sweets so I've also been having withdrawls if you will.  Headaches and hunger pangs that cannot be satiated from anything other than sugar.  I'm telling you guys.  Sugar addiction is real and I suffer from it.  lol.  The headaches would go away once I took a sip of diet soda or ate a cookie.  This is bad.  real bad.  What have I done to myself???!!  My struggle to stay away from sweets took a nose dive last night when I had a night alone without the kids.  I had a piece of cake.  *sigh*  I'm hopeless.

Getting to the title of this lovely blog entry, last night I went to a parent's meeting for Alex's new preschool.  I was new of course so I didn't know a soul except for the director who I had met when Alex, Jon and I had toured the preschool.  When I walked in I figured she probably didn't remember me... I mean afterall look at all these women with kids that go here.  NO WAY.  But she said, "Alex's mom!!"  What made Alex stick out I wonder?  From my view it would have been my son's boyish good looks... his beautiful smile.... his sweet innocent blue eyes.  For her it was probably his inability to be social at first meeting.  He is so cautious.  And while most people look at that as... he doesn't like me.... he won't ever like me..... I look at it as wisdom.  Because when was caution ever bad?  He has a very subjective view of everything which I am so proud of.  So Miss Bryant... not saying that you remembered me because my son is "anti-social" but if you did.... I don't care.  :-P

Any way... these women were so chatty.  I felt like I was walking in to a ball room full of gaggling geese.  And... while I feel bad for saying this... because I myself can "gaggle" I am definitely like my son and do horribly in new social situations.  I think talkative women either sense that I am bad at this social thing or they sense that I am someone that will sit there and listen to them talk.  Because every time I am in a new social situation I almost always have a woman sit next to me and engage me in a 30 minute conversation about random anticdotes about her life.  Tonight was no exception.  In both areas I was introduced.  The meeting area where all the mothers were, and the individual classroom Alex will be sharing with 8 other children.  Now, keep in mind I have no problem with this whatsoever.  I just find it a tad amusing that I attract talkative people.  I have more so since I"ve become a mother.  It's usually the extreme type A personalities as well.  But I will say that some of the closest friends I have like to talk and are very type A and I love every minute of it.

Alex's teacher was very.... type B I guess.  She didn't have much to say about anything so I intervened on her umming and hmmming....by asking questions I would like to know about my son's class... what their typical day was like... can I bring treats for his birthday... what temperatures are they kept inside from outside play.... things of that nature.  Hey... no one else was.

In running news, I have reached the 3/4's point of my training.  2 miles this morning!  I cannot tell you how amazing it felt to run that 2 miles.  I felt euphoric as I was driving home.  I only have a little more left until I'm "5k ready."  I am so so thankful God has given me legs to run and energy to go the distance.  :)

Until next time all!!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment