Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 19: I hope I live to be 90.

Man!  It has been awhile since I've updated this blog.  I've had a busy last few weeks.  Our family took a trip to Kingsport TN where most of Jon's extended family resides, to celebrate his great grandmother's 90th birthday.  90 years old!  Can you believe it?  I sure can't.  I hope I live to be 90... even in my 80's I would consider an achievement.  I wish I could have found my camera charger where I would have had photos of the event but alas... I STILL cannot find my battery charger for my camera.  I've mis-placed it and I still haven't found where. Don't you just hate that?

I felt so sorry for Jon's family this weekend.  My children were in absolute horrid moods the entire time.  I seriously don't know what got into them.  Over the weekend, I kept wondering to myself... "where the heck did this come from?????!!"  Alex was in the... I need to cling to my daddy mode most of the time so he was either wailing because Jon was gone... or wailing because Jon went to the bathroom... and so forth.  Hannah wasn't really cranky but spit up EVERYWHERE.  I apologized to Jon's grandmother the day we left stating that she was amazing to put up with the spit up. lol.  I was almost sure Hannah had spit up on every surface in her home.  I'm just thankful to the Lord that it was all hard wood flooring.  I would have never been able to forgive myself if she had spit up and stained carpet.  Because goodness knows their carpet in their rooms are COVERED in their spit up stains.  Some stains I can get out with carpet cleaner or bleach, and the others are there forever.  Or until we get our carpets professionally cleaned which probably won't happen until our home goes on the market.

To end... we had an amazing time in Kingsport!  I got to go on a quality time trip with Tina (Jon's Aunt) and her sweet daughter Caylee to the Hobby Lobby.  Where Tina's keys proceeded to be lost.  I didn't mind though as I found it entertaining retracing our steps trying to find them. lol!  I also got some time to talk to Tina about my new found addiction to running which she and I share.  It's great to talk to a more seasoned runner and get tips for running... how the 5k's/half marathon's work and how to build endurance.  I really enjoyed talking to someone as enthusiastic about the sport as I am or more! :)

On the way home from Kingsport Jon got the HP Touchpad bug.  You know.... the tablet pc that went down to 100 bucks overnight?  Yea well Jon was determined to get us each one since they were so cheap.  We checked I'm sure about 10 or 12 Best Buys for stock.  And in the end we both ended up scoring one on an electronics website that no one knew about that happened to have them in stock.  Best Buy was worthless in the end.  :)  I also discovered the website "Pinterest" on the way home which kept me busy the whole 8 hours on the way home.  That website is so AMAZING!  So many DIY ideas, craft ideas, kids clothing ideas, and FOOD ideas.  I love baking more than anything as you guys know. :)  And this website had amazingly delicious looking recipes for EVERYTHING under the sun.  Mostly desserts, but there were a few entrees in the mix.  Jon said that the reason for that was because every woman is obsessed with sweets... which I think is probably true.

In children news, This morning I was doing the dishes.  Trying to get breakfast dishes put in the dishwasher and make Hanni's breakfast before going in to wake her and I put a few banana pieces and some cheerios in the living room on the coffee table for Alex to eat.  In case you don't know, in addition to breakfast Alex likes to have a mid morning snack of cheerios and some sort of fruit.  So he apparently scarfed up his banana and comes in the kitchen while I'm doing dishes to ask if he can have more.  He keeps buzzing around me saying combinations of dada na na ba ba... and I wasn't really paying attention.  All the sudden he makes a noise and I look towards him and he utters, in the most perfect english... "Banana!"  Yup.  you saw right.  the WHOLE word.  I was in shock.  I couldn't believe my 22 month old just said the whole word Banana.  I start laughing and pick him up and hug him.  He acted as though he didn't know why I was freaking out. lol.  I wanted to cry it was just the most perfect sound I had ever heard.  My son say a whole word... not na na.... or utterances.... but a whole word.

Hannah has started crawling.  Not just army scooting but crawling.  She took her first two crawls this morning in Alex's room while we were playing before their naps.  It was so great to see that.  I really never got to experience that with Alex so it is awesome to be experiencing all the firsts with Hannah.  :)

In running news, I have gotten up to a mile .4.  So close to the halfway point!!!  I can't believe it :)  I've started thinking that I want to get a run in 5 days a week instead of 4 but I can't seem to get my butt out of bed in the mornings that I usually don't run.  I guess my body knows it hasn't been trained to get up at 5 am on those days. lol.  I am still averaging a 12 minute mile.  which isn't bad.  If I keep this up I should finish my first 5k in around 40 minutes?  That's what my goal is.. but I would be content with 45 minutes. :)

Well with that followers I will end!  Thanks for reading!!  I will post recipes on Thursday that I will have most likely gotten from my new favorite website pinterest.  This is the last week that Jon has before he starts working out and cutting sweets from his diet.  I actually need to cut the sweets as well.  We both have horrible sweet toothes and it seriously needs to get reigned in.  I told Jon that he only has to work out Monday and Friday.  I hate acting like a mom but I just want him to be healthy.  and he has officially been completely sedintary for a full year and a half.  It's time for him to start back.  I want to have my husband for a really long time.  Maybe 90 years?  :)

Until next time!  xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. I hope I live to be 90 too! Great to see you guys this weekend. I wish you all lived closer. My kids have talked about Hannah and Alex nonstop! Thanks for the mention (and for suffering thru the car rider line and the key drama!) XOXO

    ReplyDelete